evelyn_zhang53

Kitchen diner lighting design

Sunny Day
6 years ago
We are currently renovating our terrace house and are unsure about what to do with lighting in the new kitchen diner.

The G-shapes kitchen part measures 5.2m long x 3.0m wide. How many downlights do we need and what type of downlight shall we choose? How best to arrange the downlights? We have high gloss white kitchen unit with light oak wooden floor. Should we install those downlights with an angle? Saw some pictures with these type of angles downlights and seem to look nice!
We will have two small pendant lights over the breakfast bar.

The dining part measures 2.5m long and 3.0m wide opening to the lounge. We are having a 2m x 0.9m dining table (6-8) seaters. I really like pendant light. Is it the best to go one, two or three pendant lights over dining table? We like to create a bit of industrial feel. Also can we leave out the downlights in the dining part and just rely on the pendant lights over dining table? We are also thinking of having one pair of wall light with one painting situated in between behind the dining table but not sure if this is advisable.

Also some people recommend to have dimmer - do we need to have them for kitchen diner?

The thing we came to realise is that the lighting makes a big difference so really want to get it right!

Thanks a lot!!!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.