Creating a wow factory in dining /living area
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (27)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Long dark living room area - how to separate dining living areas?
Comments (6)How about putting the chest of drawers under the window so it is visible when you first walk into the room. Then put the desk where the chest of drawers is currently. I would then get a large storage TV unit for the end wall where the dark furniture is. This would be best in white or taupe to keep it light in that end of the room. You could even get this made in the same units as the kitchen cupboards. I would buy new 3 seater sofas in a traditional or classic style to suit the antiques in a beige colour linen and then two armchairs in a patterned material - floral or stripe to suit your personal taste. I would keep the sofas in the same position and place the two armchairs facing the TV unit, side by side. You would need to make sure the armchairs were placed so they were easy to walk around and they would need to be small but comfortable. Keep the table where it is and update the lamp to a more statement piece. An orchid (fake or real) on the chest of drawers would add a touch of class. I quite like the rug that is there as it goes nicely with the antiques and you could bring out the blues with a few duck egg blue coloured cushions, and a duck egg blue roman blind would soften the window. Just some ideas.... I'd love to see photos when you've finished, it's a lovely space!...See Moreliving area and dining advise
Comments (5)Hi. What's the area to the right of the seating area and do you have a photo? I'm not sure how you will see the tv on that wall unless the furniture is rearranged? You may just want a rug to zone the seating area rather than add more furniture but it would help to see the rest of the space. It's a great space and love the lighting but I would be tempted to add a table and floor lamp for some soft lighting....See MoreMake our living room WOW
Comments (4)I would go with light rug. Pick colours from your accent pillows and sofas. As for walls...I would leave then as they are. Your pictures above the sofa are too high. https://www.houzz.com/products/safavieh-adirondack-adr125l-9x12-cream-purple-rug-prvw-vr~84218781...See MoreNew build 1BR help (living, dining, hallway areas)
Comments (15)Oh man, I decided to brave Ikea on a Saturday and sad to say that Martin was quite uncomfortable! I mean, the seat itself was fine and nothing a nice seat cushion couldn't fix, but the back rest felt like its designed so that you'll have to sit perfectly upright to be remotely comfortable in it. I suppose its good for posture if nothing else, but not something one wants for a dining chair! The Svenbertil was a lot more comfy for about the same size, though a bit more expensive. I was thinking of perhaps a couple of smaller side tables instead of an actual coffee table. Not sure yet. I think I'll have to wait until the sofa gets delivered and I have it in the space before I can really decide. Generally not a fan of glass table surfaces as I can get a bit obsessed over fingerprints and glass just attracts them! I really liked this coffee table when I saw it in the showroom, then I saw the price tag. Yeah, visually on the plan I don't think the long table would work that well in terms of the flow of the space, and I think I'm going to stick with a round one. Surprisingly, the space seemed to be able to fit a D100+/- 5cm relatively well after I folded some towels and tape out the area. The Ikea one you pointed out seems ideal in terms of size, but being all white, seemed a tad boring... though I suppose I could have different chairs to mix it up a bit... a pair in white and a pair in oak. Hmm......See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago







































Celery. Visualization, Rendering images