askari_townshend

Ceiling extractor

A T
6 years ago
We're about to embark on a new ground floor extension with kitchen. The roof profile looks like the underside of a capital A (central flat roof with pitched roof either side). The flat roof will be filled with glass meaning that a ceiling extractor can fit only in the pitched section.
The hob will be on an island below the roof where the pitched section meets the flat. 2 kitchen designers have said that a good quality ceiling extractor will be fine in the pitched roof. In addition, they've said that even though the distance between the hob and ceiling is significant (nearer 2m than the 1.5 I believe is recommended) all should be good as long as they are switched on at high speed several mins before cooking.
I really don't want a downdraft extractor spoiling the island. I've been recommended a Westin Stratus Compact but they are so expensive (£2300 ish) and am keen to look at an alternative around the £1500 mark. Luxair have something compatible with good flow and similar noise level. They also have a rectangular ducting to fit into tight roof spaces. Has anyone got experience of these? I see the Neff also do one. Any suggestions?

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.