twamleyk

Oh dear... Advice urgently needed!

twamleyk
6 years ago

Hi All,

I had a new front door installed today - below is the before and after (white before, grey after). Sorry the light is so bad in the photo of the after, they took a long time to install. Over all it's an improvement, but I am not happy with the key pull, which was placed at waist level, rather than at shoulder level, where I had requested it.

It's a composite door, so in order to push for what I asked, the whole door needs to be replaced. The ring pull is also bigger and bulkier than the one I requested and the post box is wrong - the latter is being replaced, not sure yet about the ring pull, I am speaking with the manager tomorrow.

Thoughts? Is it as awful as I think it is? Should I push for a complete refit to get the key pull up higher?

Our house is Victorian, and I wanted a door that looked as authentic as possible (yes, timber is nicer, but it's a long story why we eventually went for composite and actually, other than the above, I am quite happy).

All opinions welcome (bar 'you should have got a timber door!)!

Thanks!

Comments (25)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.