hazel_zanelli

Black or anthracite window frames

Hazel Zanelli
6 years ago

We are having a dilemma about the windows. We have just started a renovation and extension project on our house. The garage extension on the left of the picture will be enlarged plus a kitchen extension on the back.

We have decided to match the pane pattern of the window frames on the front of the house (currently crittal) using a aluminium heritage crittal window replacement system. The rest of the house (including bifolds on the kitchen/diner) will be aluminium frame but in a modern style. As the title the post says, the dilemma is whether to choose black or anthracite?

I am concerned that anthracite will date and is too blue-ish for the red clay tiles. The stone of the house is Bath stone. Would black be too dark especially on the inside - I know you can have white on the inside but don't like the dual colour thing.

(The front door was an addition that encloses the porch so we will returning that to an inner front door. )

Is antracite blue-ish or am I just imagining it? Husband thinks it won't look blue, just grey. Is black a more classic look?

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.