tatutulip2006

1930’s kitchen design dilemma.

Melody
5 years ago
Hi everyone!
Few weeks ago I posted about our quirky plot and how we would love to knock through and create a open plan kitchen/family/dinning area.

Now I’m back but with a design dilemma. We could only extend 2500m at the rear and we would love to have bifold doors at the back. My question is: what is the best design layout? We don’t have a utility or downstairs loo ( we need space for storage so an under the stairs toilet is not an option atm).

We could extend to the side (see my dream floor plan in 2D) but that will add to the cost and we would also loose good chunk of our side garden. I’m playing with some 3D software at the moment but none of my options seem to work?! We are in favour of putting the kitchen where our dinning room is but would that be the best design?

Will we regret not having created a utility or downstairs loo in the future as well?

It’s a shame our garden is so small otherwise we would be able to extend more at the back and then create a toilet and utility where our kitchen is (my neighbours have done that recently and it looks great).

Any idea or advice is appreciated. Thank you! ☺️

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.