Ideas for my kids playroom
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
Related Discussions
I need ideas for playroom decoration
Comments (10)Could you move the chair and side table into a different room? I'd have a full size table in there instead with colourful chairs, perfect for crafts and making dens under! I'd then a big pile of cushions for reading (or jumping) on. I'd either have wall stickers or chalkboard paint on the wardrobe doors as there doesn't seem to be much free wall space. I think bold bright colours go more with the curtains and ikea boxes though, so I'd move away from paastels. Whatever you do it's a beautiful room with an amazing view :)...See MorePlayroom layout
Comments (2)This to me is a perfect play room. Tables are so flexible- you can make a den under them, build a train track round them and most importantly paint and craft on them! Plus have accessible storage on one wall and floor space at one end (and a basket for muddy boots by the door!)...See MorePlayroom conversion ideas, anyone?
Comments (2)Sorry, my camera hadn’t been enabled at time of posting- can you see them now on my new post?...See MorePlayroom conversion ideas, anyone?
Comments (10)Hi Diana, I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to playrooms--have you started one to begin to pull together a "concept" for the space? Do you want it to look boho/natural, more Scandi, more traditional, more colourful? What is the rest of your house like? Having a concept is an important starting point which will help people give you better suggestions. What sort of layouts and storage options do you find yourself constantly pinning? For kids rooms I think the biggest starting point is making sure you have enough storage for all the toys. Think about what toys you want to have in the playroom versus which will stay in bedrooms, and work around that. Maybe keep the older kids' more intricate/personal toys like Lego sets in their bedrooms, and keep only group activities like arts and crafts, puzzles, and DVDs etc in the playroom. When you have an idea how much stuff and what type you need to store in the room, then think about storage solutions that fit your needs. Your room has lots of lovely windows, so I'd be tempted to keep it light and airy. It could be fun to put a teepee or ceiling canopy in the corner where the blue Stuva units are, with lots of floor blankets, cushions, fairy lights, etc to make it cozy. And hang picture ledge shelves on the wall next to it display lots of books and art. A big area rug is a must. You can put all your Stuva units on the wall where the dining table currently is, and perhaps change the doors to something more neutral (like the black chalkboard doors they sell for these), or get smaller doors and leave some open shelving for display, and incorporate a bench piece for a desk in lieu of the big table. See the photo below from Pinterest for inspiration. One benefit of this configuration is that all the toys are confined to the wall you can't see from the glass doors & kitchen, so if things get messy in there it doesn't "spoil the view"! I'd be tempted to put a small sofa or armchairs on the wall next to the glass doors (where the wood bookcase is now). I've found that kids like sitting where they can see other parts of the house. That spot also takes advantage of the nice views of the garden. Or if your kids need more storage, then maybe a low level storage unit (ie Kallax 4x2) with nice rattan baskets and lots of art on the wall above. Just some ideas!...See More- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago













minnie101