TV stand/bookcase inspiration please!
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Colour inspiration please
Comments (14)The reference picture that I posted has groupings that fit together and relate to the overall whole. Pictures are low and fit together with the furniture around it. I think another one of the dilemmas in this room is the items are dispersed around the room in a way that they don't relate or complement another. They stand alone which makes it to crowded and not enough because they don't work as a whole which is the vibe it's sending. Possible options -Take down pictures between windows and on window sills -Group pictures together with furniture -I like the couches, but the trunk doesn't seem to be working Here are some other references to design and tv fireplace ideas Good luck! I agree with what Jill is saying in this thread. http://houzz.com/photos/186292 http://houzz.com/photos/102753...See MorePlease inspire me!
Comments (23)oh dear! Can you try and achieve a modern country look? Have a look at this pic. Instead of the wallpaper go for a trellis/geometric/trefoils style one. This is from thibault but there are lots around. Change the rug in the pic for a contemporary style. Change the floral cushions for modern patterned ones perhaps a mix of geometric and a modern floral. Maybe just have one sofa but have a couple of funky occasional chairs? I do love your rug but it may be a little big unless you pull it away from the hearth a foot or so and bring your sofa in the window forward 2-3 ft to sit on the rug ( also bring in the other from the wall). Does your tv fit on the coffee table? I personally would change to a wood floor as I think they always look modern but that's me!...See MoreInspiration for decorating lounge
Comments (18)The room is in good shape and it appears to be only cosmetic changes that are needed, so I would consider simplifying the whole design as follows: · Paint: You mention grey as one of your preferred colours, so I would try a sample of either Farrow or Ball’s Elephant’s Breath paint or Strong White to see what looks best sits best in the room. Both are contemporary favourites but will flatter the space and alter the atmosphere. Otherwise, aim for off-whites with a creamy, yellow tone to encourage warmth. · Furniture: Purchase furniture with legs to encourage the flow of light and space but if possible do not block the lovely elongated windows. Add a feature Chesterfield ottoman to centre the room and soften the new space. · Window treatment: Instead of curtains, I would actually use sheer voiles across the windows and have Roman blinds in place for the colder evenings to enhance the sumptuous, traditional feel. · Pieces: Add a large timeless mirror above the fireplace to bounce light around the room and maintain that area as the focal point. · Lighting: Work with illuminating the light through the room not only via a pendant light (consider a glass chandelier here) as this will only provide task lighting. You also want to aim for ambient lighting via glass base lamps in the corners and free standing tall lamps. · Soft furnishings: Apply hints of mustard and teal into the soft furnishings such as the cushions will complement the tones from the parquet flooring....See Moreinspiration please
Comments (19)This is lovely sized room with loads of potential! We have just redecorated our living room and I would suggest the following in order of priority: Remove picture rails (this is really fun with a big hammer and wedge!) Skim walls (most likely will be necessary after above) Skim ceiling (you won't regret doing this) Paint walls with brilliant white undercoat Change curtain rail or paint white Paint all woodwork with white gloss paint Paint or ideally hang a new white door and paint frame white Rip up carpet (do you know if it's floorboards underneath?) Sand floorboards and varnish Once these steps are done, I would recommend living in the room for a bit before making any further decisions. It will help with choice of colours and leave breathing room financially. Although, I would highly recommend a Flokati rug, they make a a room look lovely a snug!...See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago





Maryna Drobot at Cinnamon Space