Just finished a very cheap makeover on our Attic Room
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
Related Discussions
Very dark living room
Comments (22)The curtains and blinds will be blocking much more light than the TV. You can see this from how low the shadow comes on the wall below the ceiling. In the third photo you can see light outside just desperate to get in! If you do away with your Roman blind, substituting roller blinds if you need them, you will allow much more light in. Don't let your curtain overlap the window, particularly at the top, it would definitely be worth investing in the longest curtain rail your bay can accept, then make sure you pull the curtains as far back as they can go. Ideally it would be better with a pole the full width of the room straight across the bay, but this won't work if the TV has to sit in the bay. Personally I would paint all your walls and ceilings white and colour the room with accessories. Or if you like coloured walls go for something which has connotations of daylight, perhaps pale blue, pale yellow. It looks as though the wall behind the sofa is grey at the moment and it isn't adding any joy to the room. You can add cushions (or cover the ones on the sofa), in pastel blues/pinks/yellows and this will add the feeling of a summer's day to the room, the colour of your curtains is just right for this. If you can I would change your picture for something the same size but in pastel colours and hang it lower so that it catches the eye as something bright and pretty. At the moment it is sitting in shadow. And one last thought - do you really need all the pieces of your suite in this room? There isn't a law which says you have to keep a suite together - if you don't have room for it all....See MoreLiving room finished at last in our wee flat
Comments (7)Thank you Tom. My cat Tink ran up the curtain just before I took the photo so the husband has the lovely job of fixing it when he gets home! LOL, attached are a few more photos...See MoreAttic room
Comments (10)I assume you're not keen on adding a bathroom? Jonathan made a good point re fire escape. Unless you want to use the study as a bedroom, I would think about blocking off the attic access in room 3, but leaving a door through the wardrobe in case ever needed, to create floor to ceiling wardrobes similar to the pic from home design (use of space not style) I'd create 2 rooms from 3 (obviously in the middle of the Velux) for the bedroom and playroom. Build a cabin bed as ASV suggested underneath the 5th and 6th velux similar to pic from ongamagazine. Make the bed 4ft wide for when your son grows. I'd have a built in desk built across the back wall of the study with a shelf above to house a tv. you can use off the shelf pieces but I think bespoke units are key to maximise the space. Pic 3 from earndig just shows storage for a playroom....See Morevery old bathroom makeover
Comments (13)The bathroom measures 12ft x 7ft. I have a budget of around £1,000 for this room as in the very near future we will split the second bedroom to make a smaller bedroom and separate bathroom and put this bathroom back to bedroom 3. The carpets curtains and wallpaper are definitely going. The wall at the side of the loo looks bad but it’s just peeling paper. The walls may need skimming but this can be done along with the lounge. The house is at present is a 2 bed 110 year old semi detached cottage style property so although I’m young (20) I don’t want anything too modern....See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago





Sam N