999mark

Kitchen/Diner layout advice

999mark
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi all. Just finished (almost) our kitchen extension. Next on the list is to continue the renovation into the breakfast room which adjoins it. At present we have the kitchen table in the kitchen but we are wondering if this should be its final resting place once the breakfast room is sorted.

If it stays where it is then it leaves the breakfast room empty...... The only thoughts we have is to put a sofa and fireside chairs in there. We already have 2 lounges so this will create a third (first world problems). My wife likes this idea, mainly as she thinks the kitchen table is best placed in the kitchen for ease of serving and clearing away plates. I see her point but am keen to avoid "the house of lounges". My thought is to move the kitchen table into the breakfast room thus kind of extending the kitchen and also having an informal dining room. I'd then put some sort of small sofa or chairs where the kitchen table currently is as a seating area.

I think deep down my wife has the right idea but I'm just keen to avoid another lounge.

Thoughts on layout are much appreciated even if it's something completely different.

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.