Should I go to the dark side?!
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (32)
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
Going to the dark side
Comments (36)It's your choice, but I honestly think a grey-white combination is elegant and classic. Black is cool too, but you need very strong, crisp colours around it, so it wouldn't dominate and that is an often hard thing to achieve. Example: I like the interior below a lot, not for its pieces, but the perfect combination&proportion of colours. That is a strong red - it actually seem to dominate more than the black! There's minimal white in the room, mostly a clay grey - also the colour of the ceiling and armchairs... with all that you almost not even notice the colour of the table or floors. The room looks actually smaller than yours; there are no great pieces or furniture or even art (although the fireplace surround is superb!); what makes it stinking though is the colour combination and proportion and that's what I meant about a hard to achieve look (lecture finished :))...See MoreThe dark side of the Glass Splashbacks - Why you should care
Comments (1)We have a granite up stand and glass above that, so pans can't bang it. ( unless you turned a handle around backwards by accident I suppose, but unlikely ). Wouldn't you have to hit it fairly hard to smash it?, it's tempered glass. We haven't lived long enough with ours to find any pitfalls, here's hoping we don't....See MoreWhich colour cladding should I go for?
Comments (15)I like the last picture as everything matches, which is one of my concerns, as I definitely don’t want a white front door and I can’t change my white windows and garage door. Maybe I’ll match the front door with whatever cladding colour I go with!...See MoreBedroom help- too small to go to the dark side?!
Comments (32)Hi everyone, thank you for all the comments and advice. We have decided to go for it! Must admit we bith said ok, lets jut do grey and whites.. but I see farrow and ball paint Stifkey blue and just couldn't get the original idea out of my head! Family think we're crazy.. but I don't mind. And if it does look small, who cares! It's our bedroom! orderEd some new flooring, wood effect wallpaper (for one window wall) and furniture! Bit of a wait on furniture- 4 weeks.. but soon as it's all done I will post pictures! Thanks everyone for giving me the confidence to do it! just have to order some curtains etc now- although thinking pale cream wooden blinds??...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago























Nisha Parekh