1 - New Build in Process... · More Info

SCULLERY/PANTRY

6 - Misc · More Info

Just finished up a new build (actually almost 6 months ago) and I finally found a tiler who I know and trust will do a great job (good tilers are not easy to come by).

I need splashes in two places...the main kitchen and our pantry/scullery. Here is a link to our new build which has photos of both these spaces. It will also give a feel for the entire house.

I don’t know what my style is. As you can see I have a white kitchen but I do not want a white subway tile backsplash. I need some contrast, but not too much. The perimeter counters are marble (honed Bianco Avion) and are very subtle. They are more of a creamy white with no gray in them and the veining is more beige. The island top is walnut. The walls are SW Useful Gray. I am afraid to commit to a color because I will then be stuck with it. I like bluish greens....maybe. I like herringbone but NOT chevron. Subway is fine but not the typical white subway. I like the look of bumpy lumpy handmade tiles. I do not like thin linear tiles. I am seriously considering doing a different tile behind the range even though many don’t like them....I actually do like them. I plan on going all the way up to the crown molding. I am questioning whether or not to do the wall with the triple window or just leave it the way it is.

The scullery/pantry is a workspace and very busy looking...lots of machines and dry goods on the shelves. Walls are SW Uncertain Gray (but they truly look blue to my eyes) and the cabinets are Amazing gray (which really looks beigeish to me). I really think they name all these paints “gray” just to sell them because everyone seems to want gray paint these days. The counters are wood...oiled maple.

I don’t want things to look too formal and fussy, although I’ve seen some gorgeous tiles that are a bit more elegant. I like to mix the feel up with relaxed and some more elegant touches.

I truly need help. I am dreading going to the tile store and dragging home samples.

Here is the stone we have on our fireplace in the adjoining greatroom that is opposite the kitchen.....

6 - Misc · More Info

Comments (1.1K)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.