monidda

Help with fruit trees

Monica
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello *Houzzers*,

I am hoping you can help me, we have a 28m long lawned area at the front/side of our house. When we moved in it was edged all the way along with 12ft high out of control conifers, we had them removed straight away, and been trying to get the grass right ever since. It looks so much better but nothing will grow in there now after 26 years of conifers starving the soil. We plan to work on it once we finish the other projects that require our attention first.

What I cannot envisage is what I should do with it? I have two fruit trees that were gifted to us and been on pots for about three years and I would like to get them into the ground.

If this was yours what would you do with it please? And where would you plant these trees in that scheme? I have a cherry and an apple.

That fence needs to go as well, but it belongs to a dear old lady and the bungalow behind so I think we might have see to it ourselves.

Here's some pics :), thank you in advance

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.