e11ie

Yet another post about window dressing

Luciana
4 years ago

This is our newly decorated upstairs sitting room, it has access to a balcony, and I need some serious help (please!!!) deciding what type of window dressing would suit the place.

The trouble is that the balcony door and window have different heights and because they are placed rather close to each other, I guess the curtains/poles should be at the same level... right?

Then, I was thinking I would love to have the wall with the window all covered in fabric, so quite a generous curtains width, but then how can I get a balanced look for the balcony door?

Also, the main reason we want curtains is thermal insulation - the cottage is in the middle of nowhere, so there are no privacy problems, but like most old properties windows are a bit drafty. Otherwise I would have chosen some sheers or linen drapes mostly for dramatic effect, given our wonderful views.

PS: apologies for the quality of the photos, they were taking quickly with my iPad on this rainy afternoon.

Comments (42)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.