Picking the right shade of white!
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (16)
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
POLL: Pick a kitchen worktop material!
Comments (30)Generally it has to be Quartz, though we do love others, as sometimes they can give the right feel for the design you want. Different metals can look amazing and Quartz can't replicate these. We are just starting a project that has mainly Quartz but one side of the island will be copper . . . Can't wait to see the finished look...See MoreWhich white is right?
Comments (11)i can't believe how much time and effort I'm putting into choosing 'the perfect white'... I actually have white mist in my kitchen/diner and love it, but I have a mad hangup about not using the same colour twice, and consequently end up reinventing the wheel every time we decorate. I can see all the photos now, and it really helps to visualise the colours. Timeless is definitely out, but I'm going to have a look at Wimborne white on the colour card, and then maybe find a coin to toss regarding rock salt, white mist and white cotton! Ugh!...See MoreLiving Area - Picking a colour palette?
Comments (5)I do prefer the Next range over the Dunelm one (although both offer a great range of products and I’m sure I’ll still get a few pieces from both of them), I’ll probably go for the Bronx stuff as far as furniture goes because I prefer the industrial inspiration it takes and it might lean a little more masculine (the lift-up coffee table will be great for WFH... shame it’s got such a long delivery time). How many items would you say is required to complete the room, I was thinking coffee table, tv unit, bookcase, dining table and then see how that all comes together with a couch and chair (possibly a footstool too). So if I was to go warmer with the floors and walls what colour sofas would be advised and what accent colours would you go for instead of blues (I’m guessing blues would be out since they reside in the cooler side of the palette?). I have a fair few house plants so there will be a nice natural presence in the room, a selection of greens might work... I’ll probably try to stay away from the pastel blues and pinks as it might make the home lean a little too feminine (single 30+ male). I think brass or copper would work well for metals with black accessories. I’ve never heard of a jute rug, I’ll need to look it up. Also when it comes to curtains and window furnishings I was thinking of getting perfectFIT blinds for the window and doors (likely the entire house actually:- https://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/perfect-fit-pleated/24568/duolight-grey.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9YWDBhDyARIsADt6sGaBEKGL9QPZWqxUsS8E4pM_8T_PbG6LGbHxjFBs7GSdgt-x8GVdw4saAsrFEALw_wcB), I’m guessing an off white although the window frames will be white inside so possibly in white or would that cause too much of a contrast with the rest of the room? With these types of blinds in place I was still tempted to dress the window // doors but probably with something more light and airy rather than traditional curtains (possibly across the top and just down one side... I think I’ll have to come back to this part). Thanks for the reply,...See Morepick up a color
Comments (3)That’s a difficult one with the door colours. What about a pale green?...See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago

Juliet Docherty