jade_appleby

House Configuration

Jade Appleby
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all,

We live in a 2 bed terrace and are planning to reconfigure the upstairs to create a 3rd bedroom. Several neighbors have done this, all in slightly different ways and we're stuck on which way is the most sensible.

I've attached the photos and will refer to them as OPTION 1: Standard size/Shape and OPTION 2: Narrow Shaped

Both have pros and cons and both would work for us... but I want to make sure we aren't causing ourselves any issues later on when we sell, so would appreciate any feedback on which one you'd be more inclined to buy or would you not buy one due to the layout? I know this is difficult but imagine both are done equally to a high standard, new bathroom ect... so its simply the configuration.

OPTION 1: Standard size/Shape- This is the more common approach with my neighbors. The 3rd Bedroom would be 2.6 x 1.72m so would struggle to fit a single bed and additional furniture and the Bathroom would have no window, it would also require the waste pipe to go through the ceiling of the kitchen and be boxed in.

OPTION 2: Narrow Shaped- This option the room is a lot narrower but you can fit a Single bed easily in it along with a small built in wardrobe at the end and the bathroom does have a window, however as you can tell, none of the rooms are 'traditional' shapes. We don't believe this option would require us to move the waste pipe.

Thanks in advance!

EDITED:

Added the current configuration to see what we're doing... and also we're planning to add a front Porch and WC to add a 2nd Bathroom and convert our brick shed into a garden office

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.