webuser_71660

help to decide on bath type please

Tani H-S
3 years ago

2 years I’ve been trying to decide on a new bathroom that will service 2 downstairs bedrooms (upstairs shower room is for the main bedroom) Couldn’t decide if I should put a bath in or not as we don’t like them - but then it’s probably best for selling the house so going with it. We had to wait until after first lockdown to see if we could put a skylight in (which we can! Yay! As there are no windows in currently)

So, my main dilemma now is really to do with the bath type.
I wanted semi industrial style - Victorian style tiles. Maybe a bit of brick on the sink walls to make it feel warmer. And a freestanding claw bath would look lovely and make the room a bit more special. BUT, the shower is due to be put at one end so it would mean more work with the pipes being put into a solid wall as it would need to be central. AND, we would have to have a ceiling mounted shower curtain rail which I’m not sure would fit over the skylight area yet until that is fitted.

I don’t like the look of modern baths but we have a compact space so I guess they are easy but they are not very exciting.
Had decided on an L shape bath with industrial style screen - except Victorian Plumbing took a month to reply back confirming they don’t do one in a 1600 length which is what we needed 🙄 (was a deal with the screen as they are expensive on their own)

So I’m back to square one.

Do you guys think that someone would prefer a standard modern fitted bath with glass screen over a claw foot bath and shower curtain?? Is the shower curtain a big put off these days?

Also how practical are they for showering in as they aren’t that wide I guess?

It would also have to be one that sealed against the back wall if we are using it for showering so it might spoil the look. I don’t like the ones that come from the wall though.

It’s hard to decide as I don’t like the look of baths so someone please decide for me 🤣

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.