edward_cameron85

Gaps above a new lintel

3 years ago

I have been struggling getting people to do some work on our extension so eventually I had enough of waiting
I researched into and got a little help/advice changed 1 lintel and all went smoothly
I then had to do the internal lintel (the location is the top of the stairs, their was a window and a bit of a wall I've taken out the window and wall out and had to bridge across with lintels on the inside and outside)
The problem I have ran into is the concrete which was above where I have installed the lintel some of it came away and what is left is loose but for the most part the lintel has nothing above it
I am wondering what are my best options I could try to fill the gaps in with concrete i would have to make up some sort of shutter to stop it flowing out, could I or should I fill the gap between lintels with this concrete?
Could I cut timbers or some other material to fill the gap and give support to the timbers above (my original roof was a hip roof so these lintels have 2 to 3 timbers sitting on them that were supporting and sort of still are supporting the original roof)
Any advice would be much appreciated
I'm not sure how to but I will try upload some photos

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.