domhomedesignaccount

Garden Fence Gap advice :)

Dom design
4 years ago

Hi everyone

I am wondering if someone may be able to give some advice on a problem I am having with my back garden fence....

We moved into a new build around 2.5years ago and the garden ground is clay (!!), which has moved around quite a lot resulting in big bumps and troughs in places, especially leaving big gaps underneath the fences!

We bought 2x types of garden edging and used one type to try and cover the gap between us and next door so we could create a bed to plant some nice shrubs etc.

We packed the gap out as much as we could with the what we dug up from another part of the garden and then hammered in the straight black edging to try to cover the gap. We done this only the Friday just gone and the gaps are starting to re-appear :-/

I am thinking we need a stronger system than this as I don't want to pay out for nice shrubs and plants for them to die and all our soil to fall through to next door. We aren't really on talking terms with next door and they don't seem to be bothered about it as they have young children that like to play ball games etc. in their garden so it may seem pointless for them.

Has anyone else had this problem that they have managed to find a good solution for it? I have attached some pics to try and show you what I mean.

Any help would be very much appreciated :-)

Thank you

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.