camille_melanie

help on varnish colour!

C D

Hello 👋
We are redecorating our dinning room (to have a nice place for the next few years before we can do a full kitchen/diner extension).

We have sanded the floorboards and we need to decide on the varnish color.
Floorboards seems to be pine, and are quite yellowy/orangy colour (pictures below make them look lighter than they are).

Walls are going to be painted a dark navy blue (Stiffkey Blue F&B) and I am thinking of painting the brick fireplace black (still TBC), so the room will be quite dark.

I am not sure what varnish colour to choose. Reviews from the brands available at B&Q are terrible.
We would want something mid tone: not to light but not dark, and not yellow/orange tone.

Any recommendations on colour and brand for varnish those floorboards?
Your help would be appreciated :)

Thanks!