Kitchen Colours Help
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (25)
- 5 years ago
Related Discussions
Struggling with kitchen colours, help please!
Comments (13)As it is west facing, I imagine you get lots of beautiful daylight? The downside of dark counter tops is that they actually show lint & dust a lot more than a lighter worktop. I would advise getting a dark piece of plastic or tile & leaving it in your brightest part of the room for a week & see how much you have you polish it up to get an idea of if it will be practical for you. The upside of lots of daylight is that you can still go for warm undertones & they won't age looking yellow as they get older, I would be tempted to do a warm grey base & lighter top in your space, a tip that we don't do in the UK enough is boxing in the space above the wall units, by doing that it will make your ceiling look higher & the space feel bigger, some MDF & a splash of paint will give you the look for minimal cost, you could even or handles in some of the space to give the illusion of custom cupboards are there. Finally I would do a porch light & be brave with brass finishes. A west facing room is such a treat I would be tempted to give it some wow factor in the finishes to make it feel like a retreat....See MoreKitchen colour help please, tiles and flooring
Comments (1)Hi. Can you upload photos? What flooring leads off of the kitchen?...See Morekitchen colour help
Comments (2)I know it sounds funny but a pale green grey would works well with the cream as it could bring the tone of cream down to make it feel more white. Here are some examples for you to see It would still depend on the tone of your grey wall tiles as if they are a more blue grey i agree with Rukmini Patel Interior Design that a blue would work well too. Here are some Farrow and Ball colours that could work and you can get sample pots off to test. Which you can then colour match to a dulux or a valspar paint...See MoreKitchen Colour - Help!
Comments (26)I really like that, makes it all look a little more harmonious. We will definitely be looking into getting the lighting changed. What kind of style do you suggest? Most kitchens that I've seen tend to go with spotlights which we wanted to try and avoid! What program did you use to add the colour to the walls btw? I'm not great with technology and wanted a play lol Thanks again for your help, it's invaluable!...See More- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago










Marylee H