webuser_834430369

Wasted Space in Kitchen - Ideas needed!

Kristina H
3 years ago

Hi

My husband and I moved into our home a few years ago and there’s a space in our kitchen that’s always annoyed me. Our Kitchen is an L-shape with the kitchen units/appliances situated in the long leg of the L. The small leg of the L is just a random space with not much in it.

Our living room is really big and acts as a kitchen diner so we already have a dining table in there. The pictures I have attached are from when we first bought the house so it shows the previous owners had a sofa in said space but I was hoping to figure out something better to use the space for, preferably with some storage.

at the moment we have a kitchen island/ table resting against the same area of wall as where the sofa is in the pictures but I just feel like it doesn’t look right.

ive attached a floor plan with the wasted space highlighted in yellow.

any ideas/thoughts on how we could use this space would be appreciated!

thank you

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.