Gravel Graveyard ....... Help with designing a new layout
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (22)
Related Discussions
Help re:configure/design bungalow living layout.
Comments (5)What about something along theses lines ..... [ marketing note - this is an example of the sketch consult service OnePlan provide... We happily provided this for free to this Houzzer, on this occasion . Normal rates would be £35 p/h. Full CAD images available too, at either an hourly rate or fixed room rate. We are freelance concept planners, selling only design !]...See MoreNew property design extension and internal layout
Comments (7)Agree with Tamp about the sloping roof/round window being more aesthetically pleasing than the mock up. Also re: the render. I think it's a lovely looking house and it will make it very generic. I'd so keep the windows white as well to retain its period charm. By saving money here (I'd imagine realigning the roof would cos a fortune) I would knock down the sunroom and take down the dividing walls to the rooms across the back of the house, then having a lovely open plan kitchen, dining, lounging area open to the garden with bifolds or similar. I think I'd even knock the wall down from the hall so as you enter so you can see right through to the back of the house. You'd still have a separate lounge at the front and space, I'm sure, for a separate utility. Rather than a porch (or maybe as well as?) I'd consider converting the garage for a playroom/office or similar because it looks rather small for a modern car. Sorry I'm no good at mocking up plans and don't know whether all that structural internal work is a lottery winning budget but I'd def spend my money downstairs initially as its where you spend most of your waking hours. Good luck, fabulous potential....See MoreNew house has long living room, need help with layout and design.
Comments (10)Hello! Wow! Thank you very much for your advice. So, there is a radiator on the right hand wall. That is where current owners put their tv. Not sure it will fit, will measure up soon hopefully. The TV could go on a smaller unit to be honest, and will make sure radiator is turned down! Just worried that there isn't enough room for a corner sofa there with the door to the hallway..(see photos on rightmove) I LOVE the idea of large mirrors either side of fireplace. Pinching that! ;) My current living room is decorated in shades of greys and lots of gold. Thinking of going navy and gold but not too sure. Sofa colours argh! Huge thanks I'm very grateful. Katie...See MoreLayout / Design Help
Comments (5)Congratulations on the new house. The best advice we were given was to live in the house as it is for at least six months before committing to significant changes. We were so glad of that advice as after six months we’d found that what we’d originally thought we’d do wasn’t what would work best for us or the house. I like the jack and Jill bathroom idea btw. A friend of ours in the USA did the same for his teenage daughters, including two basins as he reckoned they might both need to be doing make up etc at the same time! Good luck with the house. Angie...See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago































Sonia