Shutters Versus Integrated Blinds
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
- 5 years ago
Related Discussions
POLL: Curtains or Blinds?
Comments (83)Totally agree with VLS Curtain Makers Ltd. Whether you choose curtains or blinds to dress a window they should be what you like and want, suit the property and your lifestyle. I have clients with pets who would rather have a blind so that the fabric doesn't get covered in dog hair, whereas other clients prefer to have curtains trailing across the floor simply because they like the look and it suits how they live and the style of the property as well as their other furnishings....See MoreHelp-not getting any further
Comments (30)Hi Minnie we had the Orangery built really so we could have a large dining table as there are 4 of us and we regularly have my friends and their 2 kids over, sometimes others too so really need the extra room. On the floor plan I posted it shows another room downstairs as the dining room but we use at as a play/family room and that has 2 sofas in. I think really we will use the back of the kitchen as extra storage somehow. Husband would like a huge American style fridge but I would prefer a cupboard/sideboard in a contrasting colour to the kitchen (like the pics of the Islands I posted) so we'll see who wins that battle! I would like a tall cupboard somewhere in the kitchen as I don't have anywhere downstairs for sweeping brush, steamer etc) I've ordered some material swatches from John Lewis but I was thinking about just getting blinds in the windows rather than the doors, what do you think? The other option for the doors are 'easy fit' blinds and they clip into the frame, but struggling to find any pics of what they look like pulled up. I want to keep as much light as possible as the room is North ish facing. extra back...See MoreKitchen window treatment
Comments (4)Smart kitchen in an elegant room. If you know how the shutters were originally fitted, that may be the more expensive but better solution. Perhaps they were vertical sliding sash shutters stowing behind the window seat, since there's no obvious space to the side reveals for hinged shutters. If your house happens to be listed, check that you wouldn't need listed building consent for the work. Roman blinds could be OK, but finding the right position for them without disturbing the architectural integrity of the window ensemble could be tricky. You probably know that Roman blinds when retracted would still drop up to 200mm which would obscure the windows to a degree....See MoreDoors - To blind or not to blind?
Comments (7)Hi Isidora Markovic Thank you for the images. I see what you mean - shutters could work. My concern about no door dressing is being seen when we're in the rooms at night with the lights on. Also for security reasons when away on holiday. We are in the countryside so the only night time lighting is from motion sensored security lighting fixed to the outside of my neighbours detached houses either side - sited some 10m and 20m respectively. One opening is south facing and the other south west, so I need to factor in being able to reduce sunlight. I think I'll research shutters. I have had them before in a previous house but they were chunky to suit the age of the house. Maybe there are slim line versions on the market now....See More- 5 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago




Angela Gossington-HurdOriginal Author