Getting rid of our downstairs loo
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
- 5 years ago
Related Discussions
How to give our downstairs loo more personality?
Comments (49)Clever lighting is a must for small spaces - for a fun element here commission a neon word or phrase and have some low level floor wash - all on dimmers - dimmer switches placed outside bathroom door....See MoreWhat can I do with our downstairs loo?
Comments (4)Hi, How you finish this really depends on how you want it to feel and also what your taste is. Do you want it bright and airy, dark and moody? Luxurious? Fun? Sleek, Traditional? Think about the mood before committing. Practically I'd usually use tiles in a shower area this small but there are so many other options such as acrylic wall panels and shower cladding made from solid surface like dekton. Budget will also make a difference. There are some beautiful floor tiles, but if the budget is small there are also some lovely vinyl floors around. Will this be a wet-room or will you be having a shower tray? - if a wet-room like the photo suggests you'll need a flooring with a good slip resistance. I hope this helps to start with?...See MoreMy downstairs loo needs help!
Comments (22)I know, I hate having a horrible garden! Ah,thank you 😊 I must admit I’m avoiding the garden atm, it’s a slug fest, my husband has to frisk the dog every time she comes in as she’s brought in a couple on her coat 🤢 Ah ok, I’m not sure of the shortest projection, I know 650 is easy to get, but if you went for a 450 deep sink by whatever wide that should be do’able. Another option is the loo in the corner and have them both on the same wall, should gain 130mm standing room (?]. Can the mop not stay in the hall or do you want that storage for coats etc? (or can you buy folding mops??) 😂 it will be nice to have something pretty at the end of the hall I agree although it is a very nice vanity! hmmm, you’ve actually caught me mid decor 😂 The stairs are being painted next week and adding a runner (or saving for), new lights on order, looking for new bench etc as will move that one elsewhere...See MoreHelp with downstairs loo and reception layout
Comments (4)I wonder which side is attached and what the upstairs layout is like. I'd be looking at a long term solution and the loo seems to be in the wrong place. Would it be possible to move it to under the stairs where there's storage (or is that a very used part of the family room?) If not would you be interested in rejigging your kitchen to put a larger loo where your kitchen sink is and access it from the hall? That would mean having to move the sink down to the other end of your kitchen and losing the front window.... In terms of the family room door alone, I'd look at taking a little bit of your sitting room into the hall, turn the bottom few stairs towards the front door to allow you to put a fab glazed door flush with the supporting wall....See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago








pdando