compai

Tiling disaster?

compai
2 years ago

Greetings, I would be grateful if I can gather some advise.

I am not too happy with the final tilling result on this bathroom. The small corner tiles are not cut perfectly and subsequently I have ended up with a wobbly line. There also seems to be some cracked corners on the odd tile.

Non withstanding the poor cutting, I would think it would be more pleasing to the eye if they had split the difference on the 3 corner rows.

Curiously, that's what they did after on the end wall. I guess to have a good last row on the left.

However, they add to a small row by the window and cut the original size (20cmx10) on both ends!

The edge on both the window and the bottom corner wall also seems far from perfect. Is that normal?

I don't believe it will be any better after plastering.

I do have plenty of leftovers so what to do?

Is it acceptable to present this as a finished job? I think that wobbly line will drive me insane.

Is it too much of a ask and possible at all to have those rows replaced? It will affect the bath I suppose.

As I have plenty of tiles left I could now tile the entire frontal wall but the pattern is already wrong..

Thank you in advance

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.