simon_gray38

Pine upstand - paint it, tile it or splashback?

Simon Gray
2 years ago

Hi.

I have a pine upstand that runs around the kitchen and whilst it looks ok in the picture, it's looking a little dated. It's an old cottage and we plan to add some colour (green) to the cabinets and on of the walls, but are not sure what to do about the upstand.

The plan was to run a glass splashback around over the top of the wood, leaving the top section exposed and have this in the same colour as the cupboards, but I've just priced it up and that will cost over £300. I don't want to rip it out as this is a holiday let and we only have a window of 3 weeks to do all the refurb, of which the kitchen is only part.

We could just paint it, but I'm worried that will look worse and there's no way back once you start.

So what do you think artistic types?

Simon

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.