move435

Living room layout - TV location

move435
2 years ago

I'm attaching a rough floorplan of the living room in our new house. It has a corner fireplace which we like and would like to keep and also lots of doors. My main question is where would you put the TV as there is only one long wall but this would mean sofa facing the TV would have your backs to the fireplace.

I'm not massively keen on TVs over fireplaces but is that our only option (is it safe and does it feel too high?!)?

Room is square roughly 4m x 4m.

I suppose another option is to block up either the single door to the hallway or the double doors to the kitchen which I'm very keen to keep as kitchen is going to be narrow. We are mostly only going to have an L shaped sofa and one or two armchairs, some kind of unit for holding the sky/dvd box etc.

Any thoughts much appreciated

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.