claire_brown82

Help with window choice please!

Claire Brown
2 years ago

Hi there. We are going to replace the windows on our house on the right. We will either re render and paint in a light stone colour or add fibre cement cladding in similar colour. I like the windows the neighbours have chosen (they are fully rendering their property) but I’m concerned about the amount of divides across the windows. I also love the dark grey, however I’m not sure if it’s safer to choose white. We have been considering grey for a while but they are a lot more expensive and now I’m concerned it may look like we are trying to keep up with the Jones’s which we would miserable fail at as they are completely overhauling their property and we are just tidying ours up. We may rebuild our porch too or knock it down and we’ll also add a new, probably anthracite grey front door.

*My concern is if we go flush sash like neighbours it will cut out too much light?
*We won’t have any small openings at the top to vent.
*If we go grey will it date quickly or look wrong for the 60’s property?
*Should we go white flush sash maybe instead?
*Or a different layout all together?

P.S we would brick up the bottom window in matching bricks to keep size same as neighbour if we had their style window.

Comments (30)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.