james_whitehead66

Replacing old garage door unit

Hi,

I've spent the last year renovating my house and the builders have finally gotten onto the utility.

Unfortunately decades before I bought it the old garage was converted into a utility, with permission - but they replaced the old garage door with a unit which we're now replacing. They've discountinued the bricks which the house is built from and we can't get an exact match.

The door is being replaced with a black pannelled alluminum door with a matching window next to it the top half of the boarded up part.

However I've got a dilemna on what to do with the area underneath as I can't brick it up with other bricks as it would be obvious that it's not a match. Would you clad the area underneath to match the door? Or would you put black bricks/render etc?

Open to all opinions!

Thanks

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.