danielandnadine

Dishwasher Installation / Location - Queries

Daniel Hodson
last year

First time home owners and home renovating. We'd like to install a dishwasher, the issue is that there is no plumbing other than what is already connected to the washing machine but also we need to find the best location for a dishwasher. Preferably we are looking to get a larger dishwasher meaning we will need to remove at least one and a half cupboards.

Any tips on the below would be great :)

- There is a drain outside the front door on both sides, so for the first image, would this mean it could be possible to have additional pipe work installed here for a dishwasher? (any ideas on what cost to expect for this would be good)

- For the second image, we'd prefer to put the dishwasher where the fridge currently is and take out a cupboard to the left (and then to put the fridge where the cupboards are in the first image) but due to the corner cupboard being there would this be difficult/impossible to do?

- What service/tradesperson is best for removing cupboards? (cautious about the stability of the counter after removing so don't want to mess it up)

Any opinions where you may think is best and why?

Just any advice or opinions on this would be good really, anything we'd not considered etc - cheers!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.