inner door advice
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (9)
- 3 years ago
Related Discussions
Planning a small inner city garden
Comments (2)Hi Karen. I can see you like scandi style and White so why not bring the inside out in your case? It would help if you can provide a pic, dimensions, soil type and orientation for design and planting ideas. I would consider something simple in design though using a scandi colour palette and perhaps blonde wood for decking. Lighting is key and I'm sure you'll be able to find some scandi style exterior lights along with furniture. If budget permits maybe add an outdoor fire or maybe a wood clad ŵall if you have one to clad! I've attached a pic from marnie lewis designs for inspiration only as this would be costly! The White gravel in parts would keep costs down though...See MoreLED light panels for dark inner room?
Comments (17)Hi Robert - appreciate the comment. Floor Layout plan attached. The area of concern is the living area - the kitchen/dining are in the new extension and there will be a glass panel going across the extension ceiling in the kitchen area. Even with the glass in the ceiling and the bifold doors at the back, I still feel the light in the living area will be very limited. We spend a lot of time in the living area and our current living area we are living in is always flooded with sun which I am going to miss! I was thinking of putting a couple of LED white light panels on the utility wall to act as an artificial "glazed window" which can bring some artificial daylight. Any feedback appreciated Many Thanks...See MoreNeed advice re fitting contemporary front door and removing outer door
Comments (1)Sounds good to me. My sister has a 50s semi with golden bricks. She’s just had a total refurb and has had all the windows changed to anthracite grey, as well as the front door. Looks really good....See MoreLooking for advice re walls, skirting, doors, and windows
Comments (4)Thanks! I agree re the blue. The rug shouldn’t be there when we move in, just the couches and the wood burning stove. I was considering a sage-y green (?) or perhaps just the same grey as the rest of the walls. Is there a reason you wouldn’t paint oak? If I were to paint the skirting I was thinking I should also do the doors and inner windows? I don’t want to place the windows or change anything exterior (especially as the neighbouring houses are all identical to ours in deisgn)....See More- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago





Sonia