sarah_unwinsuter

Are all Quartz worktops made equal?

Sarah U-S
4 months ago

Hi folks. We currently have granite worktops which I love in many ways. It’s robust, heat resistant and has been pretty much bomb-proof. Almost 16 years on and it still looks as good as new. BUT I hate the darkness!!! Periodically I look at changing it to a Carrara style quartz. Yesterday I filled in an online quote for Silestone - it was expensive! Today the company called to tell me that they have a few other quartz that look similar but come in over £1k cheaper. The one they were recommending is called Cosy Stone. Has anyone heard of them? Are premium quartz such as Silestone and Caeserstone worth the significantly higher price tag? (PS - this is from a very reputable quartz and granite supplier). Any informed opinions would be very welcome!!
Also - if anyone has had experience of replacing granite worktops - did it cause much damage, or was it straightforward? Thanks.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.