front door & approach
5 months ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
- 5 months ago
- 5 months ago
Related Discussions
need help with porch door and front door
Comments (18)Hi Vkololgi We think a grey traditional door with narrow glazing bars would look great against your white rendering. It gives a slightly modern twist to the house without looking out of place and will let in lots of light. Good luck with your project and post some photos of the final result when all the work is done....See MoreIdeas on improving Front Exterior without a Front Door please?
Comments (13)Good afternoon everyone! We are blown away by the amazing response we have had from this community, thank you everyone for your feedback. We are especially grateful to Jonathan for his valuable feedback.. the idea is genius and makes so much sense! Thank you so much Jonathan for taking out the time to help us! I have never seen my husband so impressed by an idea so much!! I have attached a couple more photos showing view of the garage from the front of the house along with the entrance gate itself into the property. I have also attached a copy of our floor plan. We would really appreciate your thoughts on what we could to with the garage and front exterior in terms of: Garage walls - What do you think about the brick work? Worth keeping, or should we clad? Garage roof - We currently have an unsightly metal sheet. We don’t want to fully rebuild but we’ve seen light weight roofing for garages which look like tiling. Any suggestions or thoughts on this? Front exterior - We’re looking to improve kerb appeal of the house from the front, any ideas welcome (cladding, paint, stone work?) Windows - these are the original single pane windows which unfortunately come with poor insulation. Any thoughts on what to do for those? Further to the front patio suggestion, is it worth installing an entrance which leads straight into the kitchen through the current ‘Study’? See floor plan. (We are planning to extend the current kitchen by a further 2.5m towards the rear garden). Any ideas, suggestions and comments will be really appreciated, thank you for your help!...See MoreFront door and door surround colour
Comments (7)Hi Moores, I think sky is the limit given the white render, so maybe pick a bold colour you have used as an accent in the interior and really make a feature of the entrance?? I am one of those who ended up painting our front door the dark obvious choice, but I had a busy and quite a dark brick exterior to contend with, and I just couldn't imagine myself living with nothing too jazzy against it. I did try though ) Which way does your home faces? and can you attach a picture ? Is the door design of the 20's period? Sorry for many questions...See MoreFront door and internal oak doors
Comments (7)Solid oak tolerates temperature changes much better and better suits the front door. The front door is always exposed to moisture due to rain, snow, or fog. Also, the front door shouldn't fade over time due to direct sunlight falling on it in hot weather. I think it's much more profitable for you to take a solid oak door because it won't have to be changed after five years of use. We bought an oak door made of solid wood about ten years ago at https://www.ukoakdoors.co.uk/internal-oak-doors/four-panel-doors. I like that I don't see any cracks or wrinkles on this wooden door. My wife jokes that even my face is covered with wrinkles, despite the door has remained smooth and looks like a new one....See More- 5 months ago
- 5 months ago
- 5 months ago
- 5 months ago
- 5 months ago
- 5 months ago
- 5 months ago
- 5 months ago
- 5 months ago



minnie101