Have you looked at some of the clever ways you can hide your tv above you fireplace? I think I saw a picture mounted on some kind of rail that meant you could slide it up to reveal tv inset behind it. Think I might have seen it on Pinterest. Alternatively I say a very cool shelf with the ends of real books that folded up to reveal tv and was featured recently on Houzz.
Lucy there are many ways to hide a TV it all depends what you want to have in front of it and how much space you have around it.
The construction of your wall is also somewhat important as you would need to recess the TV into the wall to allow you to have the sliding mechanisms in front, there are numerous companies out there that actually create mechanical systems that will move the panels or the TVs for you.
Let us know if you'd like more information or photos.
Lucy Goodman
Perfect Integration Ltd
Related Discussions
Deciding on a tv unit
Q
TV unit decoration challenge s
Q
TV UNIT STYLE HELP
Q
TV unit top moulding and plinth
Q