devonport

Kitchen layout problem

Lyn
11 years ago
I have to remodel my kitchen because: the worktop run is fragmented into two parts (L shaped to the left and straight run to the right) with too much space between them (almost 6 feet), the lounge is to the right but is accessed via the door you see into the hall.
Blocking off that door gives me a kitchen 3mx3m or almost 10 feet square. I'll knock an archway into the lounge but nothing more as there is a chimney on the wall. Now what?
Keeping an L shape (ahead and left) will allow one wish- a tall fridge freezer top right but it feels like there's a lot of wasted space & too small for an island.
Going U Shaped and under counter with fridge/freezer visually widens the back run but is that wide enough to take a 90cms (3 feet) range in the middle or would it look crowded?
Either way, where do friends sit drinking coffee while I cook?
It's too hard for me to work it out! Any help gratefully received...

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.