mush_01

Living room design help!

Mush 01
9 years ago
We are in the process of buying a new house and hoping to get the keys at the end of the month. We've brought a new corner sofa in a light beige material and I've attached a pic (it's actually not as light as the picture I've attached, the colour is the same as the sofa pictured in the image with the coffee table if that helps give you the idea). I've attached a pic of the cushions we've brought to go on the sofa too. We've also brought the oak coffee table in the picture below.

I've attached two pictures of the living room in our new house that this furniture will go in. It's a great sized room and we're thinking of painting the walls white. We're thinking about getting wood flooring or replacing the carpet (the current carpet is so worn down so we need to do something!). We have sand coloured curtains with strips of dark and a slightly lighter brown at the top part of the curtains. Either way, should we get a rug too?

When I imagine what I've described in that room, I'm concerned it's a bit too neutral and not sure how to bring the room to life. Was thinking of returning the brown patterned cushion and getting the same but in a light blue/turquoise colour. Then perhaps a few ornaments in the same sort of colour?

What do you think, do you think the idea I've got will work or do you have any other visions for the room? Not sure about a feature wall as the room isn't really the right shape?

Please share your advice, I'm new to all this!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.