mrssharples

Help please! extension layout

mrssharples
8 years ago
We recently moved to a new house, having purchased it with a view to extending to create a kitchen, family space/playroom across the rear. We have had some rough idea drawings back from our architect, which we now are beginning to play around with. He has produced a drawing leaving the existing kitchen and utility as a dining room and a study, which in reality the door would open directly onto the dining room table and you would be forced to walk around it to get into the extension space. We probably do not need a study either.

Ideally I would like to create a space whereby I can see the kids playing but still be in the kitchen/sofa snug area so have started to draw out layouts, one shortening the current lounge (as per his plans) and creating a dining space in the kitchen leaving the family room enclosed, and a second leaving the lounge as is and turning the dining room into a proper 'adult' space.

Any help with alternative layouts and or suggestions would be much appreciated! I have tried to attach the original layout as per the house particulars, the architects initial drawing and also my (rather basic) attempts.

Thanks for taking the time to look

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.