peddlepower

Layout / extension ideas needed please

Daza
8 years ago
I currently have a conservatory/sun room (tiled roof) on the rear of my property which we use mainly as a playroom. The door and windows need a bit of attention and so does the kitchen. The kitchen is also very dark as a result of the sun rooms tiled roof.

The natural course of action seems to be to knock through and upgrade or replace the sun room with a kitchen extension. We are thinking of keeping the footprint the same as the garden is small and the side of the sun room gets a south aspect.

French/folding/sliding doors to the side (where there's a little decking area) and to the rear, possibly meeting in the corner with a small post together with 2 or 3 roof windows should make it a bright space.

it would give a space of approx 5m x 4m for the kitchen, but we would lose a separate playroom and depending on chosen kitchen layout probably struggle to accommodate a dining table or sofa.

Does anybody have any great ideas for this sort of space which we might not have thought of? I've attached a floorplan. Thanks.

Comments (22)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.