angelabus

Carpentry advice for solid oak vanity unit

angelabus
8 years ago

Hello!

I have recently bought this solid oak (wenge) vanity unit for my bathroom and in my haste and excitement, didn't really consider its dimensions. The unit fits but is probably about 4 inches too deep in reality. I love it so much and it took so long for me to source it that I don't want to return it. I've spent a considerable amount of money on it so not sure if it's worth the added expense of having a carpenter look at it or if it's even possible to reduce the depth. Has anyone altered anything similar before? I'd appreciate an idea of how difficult/expensive it could be.

N.B. The sink hasn't been attached to the unit yet. The top screws off. The top and legs are solid with panels at the back and sides.

Any advice is welcome. Thank you!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.