Choosing a paint colour for kitchen
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (18)
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Need help with choosing colours for my kitchen walls
Comments (4)I have been advised to paint the colour of the walls the same as the white cabinets to avoid highlighting how off white my cabinets are. However won't this make the kitchen look bland. Can you advise what colour I could use as a feature wall to add contrast /tonal. Also which wall(s) would you chose as a feature wall....See MoreHelp with choosing colour of kitchen floor tiles and wall paint!!!
Comments (10)As a contrast but to prove the colours work together. We have grey units and cream walls, so yes go for it. I think if you have a darker floor and lighter walls, you'll keep the airy theme. I wouldn't bother with named colour paints from the likes of F&B etc, instead as you want to get the shade right, pick your tile, take the tile and a drawer front to any shop that will mix paint and that offers hundreds of shades and get the pale grey right. It needs to be a warm grey to work with cashmere. I think the phrase now is Greige ( Grey / Beige )....See MoreChoosing paint colours!
Comments (18)Sal, Your kitchen looks beautiful! Its such a pain having to choose colours but I guess its definately worth it at the end. Going to order some test pots today and try as suggested. I like the feel mellow mocha gave to your kitchen - bounces back light and the contrast on the other side of the wall - the copper blush! Looking at doing something similar but want whatever colour I choose to flow through our lounge (its open plan) without 'breaking' the feel- if you get what I mean! Thanks, will defo post pics once done....See MoreHelp choosing paint colour/s for hallway and landing space
Comments (14)Hi, I'm currently going through the same issue, Trying to find the right combo of paints to paint the hallway. I am looking to panel the part beneath the dado to prevent the ever so frustrating scuffing which occurs at sharp corners and am unsure on the colour combo. I was considering grey and white too but I'm scared that it may make the space feel too cold and dull especially as the only light will be through the door which won't be much. What colour combo's would you recommend to make the space feel luxurious and modern, yet not too clinical and cold?? I'd like the paint to be dulux preferably. what is the quality of Valspar paint like, I've seen it at DIY stores but don't know if it reaches standard of dulux? any reviews?? thanks...See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 10 years ago




katherine91