Cream & Black lounge
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (17)
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Lounge almost complete but need some ideas please
Comments (47)Hi thanks very much for the useful hints and tips, they've really helped! So far I've done a subtle re-jig of the decorative items on the shelves and thinned them out a bit to make it less busy (and more contemporary). I have added a cushion and throw plus a bit more useful storage baskets and so far I'm happier with it now. I also have to consider the overall flow of the room rather than 1 wall - for example when I walk into the room this wall is on the left and the sofa wall is on the right, and there was a risk that if I added shelves etc on this wall it would then unbalance the look of the room as the sofa walls are so far pretty plain. I'm getting a new sofa next month and when this arrives I'll be able to see the room in its finished form and can make any last minute adjustments!! I want to add some more shiny stuff and will get a nice chrome tray or centrepiece for my glass coffee table. Pffft, this house decor lark can take over your life sometimes :))...See MoreMy drab brown and cream lounge
Comments (13)I have taken on board about the tie backs and agree they are a bit dated. What I would really like is a harvest oak laminate floor with pale blue/grey walls and cushion cover that would introduce some blue. I just wish I could afford to replace the bulky brown suite but that's a no no. Do anyone have any thoughts about these colours. I have an awful habit of just getting round to doing things minutes before they are last years fashion!! Thank you everyone for your ideas....See MoreWhat colour island with cream kitchen and black worktops?
Comments (10)Putting white or light grey on a kitchen floor is asking for martyrdom - fine if you're what Freud called a housewife psychotic; but if mopping your floor three times a day isn't your thing, go for a darker floor and get your reflected light from the vertical surfaces of the island. I would also be wary of white next to cream - call me old-fashioned, but it's one of the few combinations that simply jars. Have you considered having a bold and bright colour for the island as a counterpoint to all that tastefully restrained grey, black and cream?...See MoreColour advice for lounge please
Comments (19)So Skimming Stone is very close to Ammonite in terms of Value (lightness) but it is more colourful than Ammonite, as it has a bump more Chroma. Increase in Chroma can help towards combating gloominess in a space. Lower Chroma colours are much more influenced by the changes in light. Pointing is the lightest of all the colours you have mentioned, but sits in between both Ammonite & Skimming Stone in terms of Chroma. That quantity of Chroma is still likely to help keep the trim looking crisp as the skirting is likely to have less Chroma. Because of it’s location on the Color Wheel & the fact it has low Chroma, there is a chance it might shift blue in imbalanced light. It doesn’t mean it will happen in your space, but it may. So again, testing on moveable lining paper is helpful. It’s in those dimmer spots where colour shift may happen....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago

















marivon1