matt_selby58

Layout for garage conversion

Matt Selby
8 years ago

Hi

Having recently moved into a house with a fairly spacious garage, my original intention was to convert the garage into a photography studio. After lots of head scratching I decided I wouldn't have the room for a studio as I've decided to keep 25% of the garage to be kept as a garage (need somewhere to keep the garden stuff and will keep building costs down by keeping garage door)

This leaves me with 75% which I plan on turning into an office space (currently working out of a bedroom) and client meeting/consultation room. I want to keep these areas separate.

Attached is a quick sketch of one idea I've had, the bottom section being the garage, middle section (entry through side door) being the room I invite customers, and the top section where I'll have the office. If possible I'd love to have the option of using an area for studio portraits (top left on sketch?)

I would welcome any innovative ideas for making this garage space work for all 3 purposes and maximising the potential of each area.

Once I have a definite idea of the layout I can start concentrating on the furnishings/room layouts/lights/plugs/colour scheme etc

Thanks in advance

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.