Green feature wall
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (11)
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Desperately seeking curtain colour - modern Lounge
Comments (7)I like the see through effect of what you have at the moment, and I’m guessing you only need the curtain for privacy and softening, not blackout?. So I would suggest a heavy voile or unlined linen in an off white. Perhaps one single large curtain so it all stacks to the right where you have a larger wall stub. Modern heading (eg wave or euro pleat) and either a track or a very simple metal pole. I would steer clear of anything too heavy or dark....See MoreDark wood throughout house, keep or change?
Comments (16)Black or dark grey will look great too,. There are lots primer products that help block the dark stains and varnishes and lots of youtube tutorials on how to paint over dark wood in case you decide to go white. I would agree with Sonia in that you should divide the project up. Maybe forget about the rest of the house and just focus on the fireplace as your only project. Seeing a complete project is always good motivation to complete another. Regarding the burgundy tiles. Although I don't normally recommend painting tiles, if they are in a low "traffic" and low moisture area then painting them is an option. It doesn't look like your fire place is used to light fires? If not, another option is adhesive vinyl tiles, bear with me! We put down wood effect vinyl tiles in the front entrance a while back as a temporary measure. The previous owners had cream coloured carpet! I couldn't stand it, so I used vinyl tiles as a quick cheap solution, but I've been really impressed with how they look and how durable they've been. Now I don't have any plans to change them. They come in so many options from wood to marble to Victorian tile. And best of all its a very DIY'able project, its cheap so if you don't like it just peel them off. They are rigid enough that the grout lines from your tiles wont show through. I've attaced some examples of the many many options available....See Morewhat colour blinds go with brown uvpc windows?
Comments (4)Hi Beth, if you have any pictures of your conservatory that would make it easier to recommend, but a great choice for conservatory windows are Perfect Fit blinds, these blinds are also really easy to install as they fit straight into the window frame. Here is a link to our range of Perfect Fit blinds, and you can see a picture below of how they look in a conservatory. https://www.makemyblinds.co.uk/perfect-fit-blinds/...See MoreNewly decorated room not quite working!
Comments (14)Thank you all for some great suggestions! I absolutely love the light with the black shades. I have only seen lights like this in gold & haven’t been able to find a chrome one. Also like the idea of large wicker lights..... hmmmm 🤔 Will put some colour in (love the mustard suggestion & also love the artwork with the pink in it). Like the idea of the console table under the artwork. It is a mirror hanging above the sideboard - how low should it go?!...See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 5 years ago






lisaloo74