alex_hanley97

ASAP NEED HELP WITH MY FISH!

alex_hanley97
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have recently purchased into (what I believe to be) a Comet goldfish and a black goldfish (imagine shown; not sure what it really is). And I have a starter pack fish tank; size: length 30cm x depth 18cm x height 22.5cm. I got the fish tank thursday and added the water and saturday I purchased the two fish.
Unfortunately this morning I saw that the black goldfish had died during the night so made the fish tank cloudy (I presume) BUT the Comet goldfish 'Chief' is still alive but it doesn't seem in good shape.
When I first got 'Chief' he seemed okay in his new tank, I slowly introduced the tank water with the water I had previous got him in, so both the waters mixed together he seemed fine, exploring his new environment, but slowly him and the other fish worryingly calmed down. Although the black goldfish was acting up first (laying at the bottom of the tank) Cheif was always at the top of the tank, getting air. This morning I cleaned them out and put more water in that I previously made the night before. Ever since this morning, when i found the the dead fish. Chief has been doing what he had done, laying at the bottom of the tank, not coming up for air, but still breathing fins and tail is moving, then he would stop and then hit the ground again, it is like a continuous cycle. He tail is mostly below his head And is hiding behind his decorations in the tank but occasionally his tail looks bright and healthy and how it should be. He has a filter and is being fed once a day but he hasn't eaten today, should I be worried? This is what the other goldfish did before he died. I thought it was him struggling to swim through the Ripples of water from the filter.
Also I have added a background for him to be more comfortable. I don't know what to do ?!!
In the imagine of the whole tank it looks misty but it is mainly clear there is just a brown envelope behind the tank.
Can someone please help me !!!!

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.