maria55667

Kitchen extraction in a large space - advice needed asap please

maria55667
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi Everyone.

I'm putting a new kitchen in an extension in the house we have recently moved to and am struggling to know what to do about extraction. The hob will be in an island and I don't want anything hanging down to spoilt the visual lines was thinking of one of those kitchen extractor fans which sit flush with the ceiling.
BUT my builder and architect are saying this won't be sufficient and I'll need a simple but more powerful fan with a grill (no the fancy type with lights etc) from the likes of Expel Air or Greenwood Air Vac.

I've looked on their websites but am finding them hard to understand and feel thoroughly out of my depth and don't know what to get. Time is of the essence as we need to plasterboard the ceiling in that room soon. Does anyone here have any advice or expertise?

(The whole space is approx 300m3 but only a quarter of that is kitchen area. The worktop and hob will be 1.8m from the ceiling.)

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.