emmadur

Help us create an inside, outside!

Emma
8 years ago
We moved into our house in May and are now turning our thoughts to transforming the carport area at the back of our yard. We've been using it like a garage for storing all our outdoors gear but it's currently a mess and think it could be a great outside/inside space. There's also an old brick outhouse which has 2 doors but is one space inside. Things we'd like to include:

-- a dining table for having friends round (and some homely/inside touches)
-- storage for gardening equipment (compost bags, pots, tools)
-- maybe space to plant/pot things and potentially grow tomatoes (it gets warm as the roof is corrugated plastic)
-- hanging washing (currently have some line strung up)
-- space to keep up to 4 bikes and bike cleaning gear
-- wheelie bins!

Does anyone have any ideas/ photo inspiration for combining all this? My partner is pretty handy and can build cabinets/benches/shelves etc so we're not limited to buying everything ready-made. Is it possible to combine all these things and it also look like a nice place to spend time?!

We can get electricity to it if needs be. Main area is approx 4.5x3m and outhouse is approx 3.5x2m.

Thanks in advance for sharing any ideas!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.