Dark Hallway
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
What would you do with the oak panels in my dark hall?
Comments (51)We have the same type of panelling in our hall and it was oak the same as yours with an oak floor. It just started to feel quite dark and drab but we hesitated to to do anything for fear of messing it up. In the end we painted all the panelling in Farrows French grey, left the doors and floors wood and painted the sides of our staircase and the spindles in Farrows clunch but left the newel posts and the bannister rail as wood - looks like a different hallway - I have never regretted painting it...See MoreDark hall, awkward plugs, brown staircase.
Comments (5)A plant to the right as you come through the door would be nice, on the wall with the mirror a console table with a lamp and mirror above would bring it to life a bit. The position of the switches may be an issue but things can be moved. I have a reasonably sized hall and have put some quite strong artwork in which relates to the colour of a rug I bought on ebay. If you just had one colour that you could repeat it may help to bring it to life. Emma Mason prints in Eastborne sells original Twentieth Century lithographs etc, a bit of artwork always makes a difference. This is mine....See MoreHelp with paint colours in dark hallway!
Comments (6)Just wanted to say such a lovely hallway and I wouldn't say it's dark at all!!! Please don't counteract your dark feeling by painting it all light. It needs colour, what I'm not sure but it's going to be lovely!!...See MorePainting woodwork in a dark hall
Comments (5)Photos of Hall, light coming in from hall window half way up stairs. I am considering changing the carpet to one much lighter and it covering the whole floor to break up the wood.......See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago











Pat Oliver Interior Design