Almost finished
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (22)
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
I don't how to finish my bathroom
Comments (23)Hi Lilly! Well... I have to be honest and admit that I was thinking about lying and saying it's great, etc. The truth is: I've never used it! not once. I'm a shower girl and it's not that I won't take a bath (I would, I promise I'm not whiffy!!) it's just that since we've moved in, I never had the time or felt the need. Plus, I feel guilty and uneasy thinking of the amount of water I'd waste filling up that monster (and we have a second tub in the loft bathroom that's smaller -- never used that one either...) When we chose the tub, I think hubby and I were a bit nostalgic; I used to have this huge hideous burgundy corner bath in the house I bought just before we met and let's just say, we used to like taking baths together (hmmmm...). So we went for a large one, I guess both thinking of our almost decade old adventures'! I did however undertake an experiment for you: I went and laid in it, just to see how it is. I'm 1.62m (about 5'4'') and with a slight bend of either knees or neck, you can sleep quite comfortably in there. I also thought it could be a great hiding place in case of 'god forbids': fill half of it with water, add bubbles and submerge - it's enough to cover all of you & hopefully nobody will think to look for you in there! :)) I've digressed ... not sure if I answered your question. If you wanted details about the make of the tub - this is a Clearwater natural stone bathtub: http://www.clearwaterbaths.com/products_main.asp?cat=201&subcat=395 I can tell you another downside of it: if you ignore the waste of space and water, you can't ignore the amount of dust that accumulates in it. I've resorted at hoovering it; just rinsing it with water didn't do it.... But hey! it looks great and generates questions on Houzz, so I guess it has its uses, right?!! :))...See MorePlease help me finish the kitchen!
Comments (24)Whatever you decide to do with that side wall, I would suggest that you keep the idea of an "art gallery" in mind. The furnishings/accessories you currently have in the room are strongly suggestive of this theme. Even your kitchen is very "artsy". For the buffet/bar, I would suggest three ideas. The first picture is of a mid-century modern console. If you are into the eclectic idea, some wood would bring some warmth to the space while at the same time keeping with the modern vibe. The second picture stays very closely with what you already have in the room - black, sleek, modern but also brings in a bit of wood for warmth. The third picture goes in an even more eclectic direction with a very ornate console painted in a gloss black. All three ideas would work so it's really up to your personal taste. For the shelves above the bar/buffet, I would go with all glass as in the fourth picture. I would try to keep most of the barware in clear glass so that the items on the shelf will still have a "lightness" to them. Keep books, etc. in the drawers in the console. Liquor could be arranged on a mirrored tray on the console itself. Keep clutter to a minimum. I'd still like to see some art on that wall, too. Another idea would be the last photo, which is my least favorite, but, again, its a matter of preference. Replace the green portion of the wall with red and I would do the wooden cabinetry in black and the shelf in glass. One more idea, to bring the red into the lounge area, consider a red rug with a sculpted design to fit under the entire sofa area. Any chance we could see a pic with the sofa in the middle of the room? [houzz=] [houzz=] [houzz=] [houzz=] [houzz=]...See MoreSlate patio - filthy and its new!
Comments (54)I have Brazilian slate. I had same issue when installed. So i used brick and slab cleaner from screw fix if i recall. Will add a photo of each i used in a bit. I then sealed them using a cheap slab sealer. Perfect, nothing wrong. cost about 20 quid for botha and 5 litre cans. They are now water proof, but slippery when wet especially with flip flops. opps.. Remember, if you need to allow soak away, you may not be able to use sealer as it creates a water barrier. but if its just in the garden on level ground sloping away form house you should be fine to go. As soon as dry, they are as good to go as before, but clean remember to let completely dry and needs 24 hours of good weather to dry. Use at least 2 coats. works a treat.!!!...See Moreaccessories dilemma
Comments (8)Thank you for your ideas - I have been searching for rugs and thought a mixture of grey/ivory would look good.......I am limited with pictures on the wall as there is a large tv on the wall in the centre. I could maybe have wall sconces either side of the tv? Do you think a statement cushion in the centre of the sofa?...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago





Style Our Home