Want Glam/Stylish Dining Decor
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (16)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Furniture and decor shopping in the UK?
Comments (61)@Nekul I have to be honest, the answer to my dilemma was: I stopped shopping haha I genuinely have bought very little since making this post, simply because I couldn't find what I'm after. The most likely places for me to spot the odd piece I like are Sweetpea & Willow (not exactly affordable), Swoon and Rockett St George. I occasionally buy from Maisons Du Monde or La Redoute but both don't offer value for money (or a great shopping experience - items lost in transit or arriving damaged). I did stumble across J N Rusticus, though, which - if that's your style - I can highly recommend. My all-time favourite is still the US based CB2 which do ship internationally but not all items and only if you spend a minimum of $5000.......See MoreDining area! Please help!
Comments (12)If you're feeling brave you could have a really simple update with a chalkboard wall. Looks like you have kids. Some pics below for inspiration. Doesn't have to be all about black, you can add pops of colour too and then continue those into table mats, accessories etc. You could do a half wall and leave radiator below white (perhaps with slimline shelf above radiator running while length to the partition wall to delineate) or go whole hog and paint radiator black too. Its a lovely space. Good luck !...See MoreHelp please!!! Living/dining
Comments (24)Hi all, thought I would give an update on the room. I decided to paint in neutral and take some time to allow the extension to complete before attempting this room. We freshened it up with some white paint and I’m now ready to tackle it!! I have sold and cleared much of my clutter after reading the magic art of tidying. The book should really come with a warning. I have literally ransacked our home! We have ordered a new sofa. We went with the French connection zinc. A 3 seater in light grey with dark cushion combo with a grey leather cuddler. We have a decorator pencilled in for 3 weeks time. I’m loving the teal blue shades for an accent wall to separate the living area from the play end. I like teal tension by Dulux and F&b stiffney blue or Hague. I’ll post some samples tomorrow. I’m not sure which one or two walls to paint. Either just the fireplace wall or the long wall facing window (or both). Undecided on colour for other walls too either little greene French grey in pale or elephants breath. I think I would like the darker wall to be one that the tv sits against. Where would you put tv? I would like to change the stand for a lower more minimalistic one. Love all of the mid century styles. The other side of the room will be for the girls as our dining area has moved to the extension room. Any idea much appreciated. Here is a current pic. The toys and armchair will go to other end of room....See MoreMid century house , how to decorate ?
Comments (18)What a great house. It's hard to find pictures but I like your idea of a Japanese/oriental mid century fusion. Some Noguchi pieces might be good! I've also find a tour of a similar house for inspiration. I love the ceiling, hard to tell from the photos but if you did want to make the rooms feel taller you could paint just the lower beams in a pale stone colour. I might also reveal the wood floor and use rugs to break up the wood. I would just use earthy colours with charcoal/black and lots of green for plants. I like colourhappys idea to paint the wood outside, I might get some 3D renders done. I love the base units in the kitchen. Are they beyond repair if you could get the appliances integrated? Perhaps a coat of paint and some shelves instead of wall units? https://thespaces.com/2016/04/14/a-japanese-inspired-midcentury-home-in-austin-hits-the-market-for-1-29m/2/...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago









Amber Jeavons